Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hey Thanks for being here

I know I have been neglecting my blog lately, But I think I have a good reason. I don't know how I made it through this but let me tell you what happened. First off for those of you who don't really know me......I am a very kind hearted person..When my son got out of jail I let him come stay with us and straighten his life out, build his credit....get a job...all that kind of stuff. Well he did it and he is doing really well. He got himself a new car....credit cards...and is getting ready to move out on his own. I like to think he learned his lesson, which I really think he did. So now on the flip side....My stepdaughter is having a rough time so I convince my husband to let her come stay with us and we will do the same for her that we did for my son. She moves in a few weeks ago and has been keeping me busy. so last saturday I go on my online banking to tranfer some money around and much to my shock both my accounts at that particular bank are empty( as a matter of fact 1 is in the negative) so OMG what the heck happened here!!!! I fly to my master bath to find my bank card thinking I lost it....but its there. I tell my husband and he thinks I typed something in wrong and I go back and type my account again. Same thing comes up. Well Lo and Behold his banl card is missing and so is his daughter. Now I can't prove it was her but she disappeared the same day all the withdrawals have been done. How did she know the pin number you ask? I asked the same thing and my children responded "MA Tom has had the same number since we were little kids" Omg I never realized he kept the same pin number over 20 some odd years. What do we do Press charges or learn from this? I feel like my heart has been ripped out because I tried to helps someone ine need. Am I nuts? What so I do? Thanks for stopping in and listening to me. Miss all of you

7 comments:

blah said...

Omg, Kathy!!! I'm so sorry. I honestly don't know what to say to you. Is there any likelihood that she'd return the money? I do think you need to contact the police and press charges. You can always drop them if she returns the money.

Big hugs to you.

Anita said...

I agree with Kathy - you need to press charges and then stand back and let what comes ... come. That girl needs to learn a lesson and if it means going to jail, then that's what has to happen. I hate this terminology, but in this case it fits. It's called "tough love". Don't back down. I'll be thinking of you and please keep us posted.

http://stampinwithanita.com/

2 Worlds said...

I'm sorry to hear that ,hope you find a solution for all this.

Just me said...

I don't know what the right answer is, but I will pray for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sorry about your problems. I hope everything turns out for you. I've missed seeing you around as well! Along with all the sisterhood 3 girls!! Let me know if there's anything I can do! Take care! *hugs*

Elaine said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I pray that she will return the money and straighten out!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Ohh Kathy, sorry to hear about your struggles with the kids. No matter what they do, we will always love them. But it makes you wonder how they could do something like this to people that are trying to help them. It really does put you in a tough place.

I think that you should definitely file a report with the bank and you may even need to press charges to get your money back. You can drop the charges later if you need too, but it might be enough to get her to fess up and return the money. Whatever you choose to do will be tough on your family, my thoughts are with you. Good luck, I do hope it's a happy ending. :)