Monday, November 26, 2007

weight loss Buddies wanted

Check it out if you want to lose weight with a buddy, Angel over at http://angelosity.blogspot.com/ is looking for people who want to lose weight and have a sponsor so to speak to go to. I think its a great Idea. I don't need to lose weight but I would be willing to be there for anyone who needs someone to talk them out of a crisis. Not to bring negativity into this but I lost my brother in 97 to a massive heart attack. Ricky was 43 and overweight and not in the best of shape. He smoked he drank and he didnt care what he ate. After Ricky's funeral I took a look at myself and said "Kathy that could have been you".At 200 lbs and only 5'2 I was also a walking time tomb. I told myself I would lose weight. My family and friends told me I was fine the way I was because they all knew I loved food. One thing I can say about myself is that if I commit to something I follow thru. I started my weight loss plan in april and by the end of november I had lost 70 pounds. Now if I can do it so can you. go check out Angels blog and get the info. Lets commit to be healthier bloggers. Thanks for readiing this and thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that is a great idea, it always helps to have a buddy to work with. And way to go Kathy on losing at 70 lbs, I think I read that before but I am still astonished and amazed at your determination.

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration! Way to go! My husband had a very minor heart attack almost 3 years ago. He wasn't overweight, he is very active but he was a smoker. We were very lucky. He quit smoking, cold turkey the day he went into the hospital. I am currently doing WW and as of yesterday (the end of week 3) have lost 9.2 lbs! I still have almost 40 to go...but I'm psyched! Thanks for posting this.